Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore Bottom Freezer Refrigerator modelthat was

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Bottom Freezer Refrigerator model(###) ###-####that was without power for 3 days (Florida hurricane). Everything works except the ice maker. The tray attempts to rotate but appears to get jammed. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Standby please.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model 795.71099.111, serial 106KR00296.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The water dispenser is fine, the freezer is working, all else is okay, just the ice maker is not working and appears jammed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If the icemaker can't cycle properly, use a hair dryer and thaw out the icemaker for 15 minutes or so in case there is ice jamming it up from rotating. Other than that, if it won't cycle properly, the icemaker gears are jamming and that's not something you can repair so the entire icemaker needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?