John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My very old Admiral refrigerator refrig thermostat froze up.

Customer Question

My very old Admiral refrigerator refrig thermostat froze up. There is one for the refri and for the freezer. There is still cool air into the freezer. I feel some cool air coming through a vent into the refrigerator. Is this cool air tapped off the freezer? If so, how does the refrig thermostat regulate cool air in the refrig?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Admiral It says ADS HMG 191340. The appliance center told me a new refrig switch is $100.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Actually, I took out the therm. which may have been a mistake. I did manage to get the freezer working with the broken therm They told me the techs wont touch it now. I may have to buy a used for $400 So stupid me. They were going to charge $69 for service call, and over $100 for fixing the therm.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Does this refrig vent some of the freezer air to the refrig? The freezer is blowing cold air now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?