Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Fridgidaire Fridge temperature light keeps flashing "4"

JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Manufactured april 2008. Gallery Series Model Number GLHS68EJSBO. SIde by Side Freezer/Fridge with ice maker and water dispenser.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Unlikely, depends on the problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just need to know the nature of the problem

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The flashing 4 means that your damper assembly has failed. The damper is the vent flap that opens and closes to regulate the air into the refrigerator from the freezer. The damper is mounted in the upper back left corner of the refrigerator and it'll need to be replaced to resolve your issue. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for damper assembly

And below is a video that shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. ***** can get this part still this is fabulous as I was thinking I may have to replace my fridge. Thank you!

No problem. You can order the part from the link I gave you if you wanted, the part is still available so you can definitely still repair the refrigerator.