Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I found E305 on display of Bosch microwave. About 6 months.

Customer Question

I found E305 on display of Bosch microwave.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 6 months.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: HBL5351UC/03
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: please afersale service
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So unfortuantely this error code is not a good error at all. Here is the definition of this error code:

E305: Loss of communication between TCM and control module or TCM and user interface

All you can do is uninstall the oven and unscrew the top sheet metal panel. Make sure the wires between the display board and the main relay board mounted to the back of the oven are securely plugged in without any broken wires. If that all checks good and you re-apply power but you have the same problem, you need to replace the main control board on the top of the oven which is part number 12006840 and costs about $200.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Also, try to flip the breaker off on your house to the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset as a first step.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?