Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Refrigerator appears to be working well however the door

Customer Question

Refrigerator appears to be working well however the door seals are quite warm and i don't know if this is normal
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: it is a kitchen aid model krsc500ess00 aprx two years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on whether this is normal
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The front frame is designed to get warm to prevent the seals from freezing to the frame of the refrigerator in humid climates. That being said, if the front frame is too warm, that usually means the compressor is over working. Pull the refrigerator forward, remove the lower back access panel and make sure the fan next to the compressor is running to cool the compressor down. Clean the condenser coils below the refrigerator as well so that the compressor can cool more efficiently. Other than that if that all checks good then it should be all normal.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.