Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a question on my stove MGR5775qds, 3 months the

Customer Question
Hi Pearl I have...

Hi Pearl I have a question on my stove MGR5775qds

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

3 months the burners on the stove work but the oven does not

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I'm guessing 5 yr. we just move in about 4 months ago. model is mgr5775qds

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Since your cooktop still works, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $60.

CLICK HERE for oven igniter

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks Tyler. Is there any other thing it might be?

It could be a control board or a bad oven gas safety valve (very rare), but really the only way to know is to test power at the 2 wires going to the igniter when you turn the oven to bake. If you have 110 volts, then that confirms the igniter is bad.