Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

I Pad displays I-Tunes Logo & power Charge Cord on Screen!

Customer Question

I Pad displays I-Tunes Logo & power Charge Cord on Screen! Can not get to my information, photos & etc. What is my problem?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes, once or twice & took it to Geek Squad. He suggested the Apple Store @ Summit if I did not want to loose all of my information!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No.........I need an address to send I Pad for Apple to repair?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just an address and telephone number,,,,,,,do you do walk-in repairs while I wait? I live about 80 miles away and FedX would be my best solution.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

The power cord and iTunes icon on the LCD means that the device is in DFU or Restore mode and needs to be connected using a cable to a computer with iTunes so that the device can be restored.

Once you connect it to the computer with iTunes open, you'll see a prompt that iTunes has detected a device in recovery mode. .... follow the prompts.

Alternatives...

Press & Hold Home button and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. That should allow you to boot back into iOS.

If that doesn't work,

Press & Hold Home button and Power button until the screen goes black

Press & Hold Home button ONLY as you plug in the USB cable to the computer.

Keep holding the Home button until iTunes recognizes your device, and then you should be able to restore.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.