Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a whirlpool SF362LXST accubake. I have just moved

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool SF362LXST accubake. I have just moved into this mobile home and with it came the oven. The previous owner had to convert it to propane. Since I have moved in I have noticed a strong smell coming from the oven. The first time,I got a headache and immediately opened windows. I am very allergy sensitive. Long story short,its burning large amounts of carbon monoxide even at first ignition. My repairman is perplexed because it reads OK until he puts on the safety plate thingy and the flame is licking over it and he said it shouldn't do that. He's even turned down something to do with a cone(hey I can't remember everything!)Any ideas you can throw our way before he goes on to his next step?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I have to assume the thing he turned down under the flame spreader was the bake burner orifice and if the unit is on L/P gas the orifice should be down and tightened

Make sure they down the burner orifice down hand tight then try to burner again .

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time