Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My GE Profile refrigerator[ model: PFSS6PKWBSS ] started to

beep wildly and the control...
My GE Profile refrigerator[ model: PFSS6PKWBSS ] started to beep wildly and the control panel would not respond to resetting. It is in the ice lock mode and we tried cutting the power for a minute or two to reboot it;but to no avail. I also removed the filter and put the plug in. Possible problems?
9/14/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

I can't get the control panel on the front to work. When the buttons are pushed there is no change. They are all green but seem dead. No response. I removed the filter and replaced it with the plug. The ice cube function on the lower left won't unlock. The refrigerator and freezer are fine. No ice is currently being made.

are you saying you removed the water filter? It sounds like the front control board has went bad and is going to need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's what I was thinking. New control panels aare $300 plus. I don't know how difficult it is to replace. Looks like it has to be removed from the front.

well its not really hard to do . Basically you need to remove the front frame and you can do this by prying it off with a putty knife or something similar then you will remove the stuff in the way switch out the old control board it sounds like a big job but its just removing and plugging in

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. So there are no screws. I'm not sure I'm ready to make the investment. My wife will eventually make me do it or she will get a new refrigerator. This refrigerator has had many issues. I'm wondering if the water line to the ice maker is frozen and causing the issue.

a frozen line wouldn't cause that sadly. No I don't believe there are any screws on your model. You can also check on you tube to see videos of how to remove the dispenser control board it may be helpful as well.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician