Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer will fill, move on to wash cycle and stop there.

Customer Question
My washer will fill...

My washer will fill, move on to wash cycle and stop there. If I stop and restart, it drains the water, fills and sits on wash. If left long enough (1=2 hours) it will drain and sit dormant with no lights on.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool Mod WTW4815EW1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If not too difficult. Purchased 1/6/16

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?