Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I am troubleshooting what started as a drain issue on my

I am troubleshooting what started as a drain issue on my Kenmore 665.13273k113 dishwasher. It started as going through an entire cycle but NOT draining at the end. If the cancel/drain button was used, the unit would drain at that point.. I checked for a check valve and did not see one for this unit I pulled the drain motor and i do get 23 ohm resistence
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I cleaned out the inner tub drain etc and now when I even try to start the unit, it cycles off as if detecting a malfunction thus shutting down. It will reset and power back up after an internval
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I suspect it will be pretty easy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The dishwasher is about 6 years old

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If the unit WILL drain in a Cancel/Drain mode but it will not do the final drain in an automatic cycle then you have an issue with in the electronic control board.

Would you like the control board parts information?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can find that part in various locations. Should I also replace the drain motor while I am there? It appears to be the part purchased most for this unit.

I would not replace the drain pump it does work when you cancel /drain the unit and the pump resistance is withing spec.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I would buy from repair clinic but they're out of stock on the control board.

here is a link to sears

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10482988/0022/665.html?pathTaken=partSearch&q=W10482988

They show it is in stock bt with sears they always show the part is in stock even if it is not , I have found.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sears also seems to ship not-new parts in some instances. Thanks for the help.

glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What's my total for your help? I know I put down $5 deposit

I show you selected the value of 36.00 for your question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. Do you know if that is also a monthly subscription thingy? The website was pretty confusing. I don't want to subscribe. I just wanted your help on this one issue.

I`m sorry to say I can not answer your last question.

I as a remote expert only get to see the value of the question and you post.

We expert never see you personal or billing information.

For that information you will need to contact the just Answer Admin office to answer that question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Copy that. Thank you.

Thank you in advance ,

And always glad to assist you anytime.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The part comes today so I rated you in anticipation that you'e going to be correct! Fingers crossed.

Thank you!

if you have a question just reply back to me,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi. New control board installed. Same issue.I ran it the first time, the dishwasher completed most of the cycle but did not do the final drain. When the cancel/drain button was used, water did drain from the bottom of the tub and could be seen coming into the garbage disposal.i ran it a second time. The unit only ran about 10 minutes before the green light next to the 'start' button was blinking indicating an error in the cycle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think the second time may have been a false start due to the soap door not being closed. I am testing a 3rd time now.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Third time also a fail. Ran about 10 minutes and stopped with blinking light next to 'start' button
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello?

if the start light is blinking that means the door switch has opened stopping the unit from running ,if you open and close the door and only press start will the unit start up again?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will test that shortly. Does the door switch go bad? Would it also stop the final drain from kicking in ?

if the door switch is open (telling the control board the door is open even if the door iss closed yes it weill stop a drain mode also.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do these switches go bad?

oh yes it is one of the components that get the most wear and tear.

here is a link to the door switch /latch assembly if you need it .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sounds like that's the next part to try. Much cheaper than the control board was.

yep!