Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a washer model # wfw72hedwo and I cant get the door

Customer Question

i have a washer model # wfw72hedwo and I cant get the door open. I have done everything in the manual it said to do and now it is giving me a code LC. What do I do now?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model# ***** - Serial NO-C51750321
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just the info I provided and yes Im doing it myself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cant
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The LC means that your control lock is engaged. In the bottom right corner of your control panel there is a control lock button. Press and hold this for 5 seconds to remove the control lock.

Now the control lock won't lock the door, so if the door is locked that is a completely different issue. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, you need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?