Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a KitchaenAid, built in Wall oven, Microwave Oven

combination. KEMS 308....
I have a KitchaenAid, built in Wall oven, Microwave Oven combination. KEMS 308. Microwave turntable will not turn. How are is it to take this combo unit apart to get to the bottom of the microwave,
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am hopeful of being able to fix this microwave issues myself. Good Mechanical and diagnostic Skills and tools.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Wall unit, Microwave over Oven, Kitchenaid Model KEMS308 or 378
Estimate 4 years old.
First line should read...how hard is it to take this...
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/14/2017
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the lower oven door the FULL model number is ***** the face frame of the oven normally on the right hand side.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

I felt that the need to take Credit card info for a charge of $5.00 was indicative of that being the charge for use of this service. But later I found that a response would entail an additional fee. hmmm, doesn't leave a good feeling.Anyhow, complete model number is ***** Serial Number D14553305. It is a built-in Oven, Microwave combo.The turntable plastic three eared piece appears whole and functional. It would appear that I will have to remove the entire assembly to get it free of the cabinet, then disassemble enough to get to the turntable motor. I have better than average mechanical and diagnostic skills, but little money, so thought I would attempt fixing this myself if it is advisable.

The $5.00 is just a deposit, and yes after I give you my answer and you rate me then the remainder of the question value they you set on your question will be taken to pay me for my time.

And you are correct you have to disconnect the front of the microwave from the oven portion and lean the microwave back to gain access to the turntable motor.

1. Unplug oven or disconnect power.

2. Remove the oven from its mounting location .and pull it forward so that you can access the top cover.

3. Remove the four screws from the top cover and remove the cover. (one on each side and one in each rear corner)

4. Open the microwave oven door, remove the two flat-head screws from the bottom of the control panel frame, (about 3-4 inches in from the sides) and remove the frame.

5. Remove the four screws from the front control subpanel, (console) remove the subpanel assembly, and lay it on top of the oven.

6. Remove the six screws from the left and right side rails and remove the rails from the oven.

7. Unhook and remove the AC wiring conduit connector from the back of the upper left side cover.

8. Remove the five screws from the upper left side cover and remove the cover.

9. Remove the five screws from the upper right side cover and remove the cover.

10. Remove the ten screws from the upper rear cover of the oven and remove the cover.

11. Set the control subpanel (console) assembly in its place on the front of the oven and hold it in place so it does not fall.

NOTE: You will need something approximately 12-13˝ long to prop up the front of the microwave oven in step 12.

12. Lift the front of the microwave oven and securely prop it up so that you can access the turntable motor.

13. Remove the two screws from the motor.

14. Lower the motor as far as possible, pull the turntable coupler off the motor shaft and remove the motor from the oven.

15. Remove the cardboard insulator and the round rubber spacer from the motor.

16. Disconnect the two wire connectors from the motor terminals.

And then after replacing the turntable motor just reverse the procedure .

If you have any questions just reply back to me

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech