John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I bought a freezer 1 year ago and it's not cooling up what

Customer Question

I bought a freezer 1 year ago and it's not cooling up what my be the problem?
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Frigidaire ffu21f5hwy
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thank
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Do you hear any motors or fans running or is the unit 100% silent? The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The noise it's good
The first I mean it's not I'm not by my freezer I think it's most be another broblem
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Please respond back and answer all the questions I asked you when you are able. Until I know the answer to all those questions I asked, I can't help.

QUOTE:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I answer later Im now not by my freezer to answer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry im the first time I use this service
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Yes, just come back and reply when you can.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

.