Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I remove a bosch microwave door for replacement model…

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove a bosch microwave door for replacement model HMV8051u/01

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years model HMV8051u/01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You do remove the piece above the door to access the hinge. The hinge is spot welded and doesn't unscrew or separate from the frame of the microwave. You must pry the inner plastic choke seal off the door which is around the border of the inner door. Pry this off, then pry the top hinge to release from the door receptacle. Then you can pull the door off. There isn't a video to show you how to remove the door, but below is a video on how to remove the choke so you can work on removing the door. Also, the plastic vent panel above the door has 2 screws coming in from the top that you unscrew, then you can pull the vent panel off since you asked how to remove that part.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?