Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool washer model number wtw5000dwd we had a

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer model number wtw5000dwd we had a big storm come through and knocked the power out for a couple days I had this happen once before and the service guy came out and reset the washer sure this is what needs to be done again just need to know how to resent the computer board on it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Yea it's about a y
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 2 years old and model WTW5000DWD
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes if I can
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

I know you're hoping for a reset and sometimes the issue can be reset---but more times than not the problem is not resettable. What is the problem with your washer exactly? What are you trying to reset?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It comes on and the lights come on u can hear it running but nothing I have unplugged it and replugged but same the lights do not stay on sounds like it it trying to go through the cycles this has happened once before and the service tech came out reset the computer board and has worked fine since
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK perfect. So it sounds like your washer just went into flood mode. This happens when the washer tries to fill up with water for longer than 6 minutes. The good news is that this is something you can reset. Just leave the washer plugged in (don't unplug it or it resets the timer). After 15-30 minutes, the drain pump will shut off and you can use your washer like normal again. It just takes that long to finish the flood sequence and it'll reset on it's own.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried this and it is still not working. I can push button to start the sensing light comes on briefly and then goes off and washer starts making sounds no lights are on then it will stop making noise and I try to start it again and same thing. I figured out how to recalibrate and it goes through a few cycles but not all. Don't think I'm recailbrating correctly. Can you help with this?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

re-calibrating has nothing to do with your issue. Unfortunately you have a faulty control board if what I said before doesn't work because it's going into flood mode when it shouldn't.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can I fix the faulty control board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

You would have to replace it, you can't fix it.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?