Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Neptune(Model # MDE4000AYW) that won't

Customer Question
Hi - I have...

Hi - I have a Maytag Neptune(Model # MDE4000AYW) that won't start. I've tested the start button and it is apparently still good. I suspect maybe the thermal fuse or something. The dryer is old but has been in good working order. We've replaced the drum belt and rollers in the past.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 18 years old. MDE4000AYW - It's a Maytag Neptune electric dryer.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it involves just replacing something on the panel or that's easily accessible I do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. I'd like to avoid having to get a new unit.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, make sure the door switch still clicks if you push it. To check just open the door and push on the door/light switch and if it doesn't click anymore, replace that. Other than that, open the door and remove the 2 screws going through the door hinge into the front panel of the washer. Remove the 2 screws on the opposite side of the door way. Now the front panel will unclip at the top and hinge down and forward.

Now you have access to the inside of the dryer. Unplug the dryer. There are 2 fuses inside the dryer. One is part 11 on the attached diagram I sent you. This is mounted to the left of the heating canister. The second fuse looks like the part in the link below and it's mounted to the blower wheel housing in the bottom front left corner of the dryer. Test both for continuity and if either is bad---replace it.

CLICK HERE to see blower wheel fuse

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?