Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

It seems the top water arm is not spraying any water so top

Customer Question

it seems the top water arm is not spraying any water so top dishes remain dirty and no sign of wetness. dont know if related but it seems the soap is not being ejected and dispenced
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: about a week, we cannot load the top rack
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: would like to save money we used a cleaner to see if it was grease or lime but nothing changed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that im aware of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DU1055XTVSO
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Perfect, thank you.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Since only the top arm isn't spraying, this can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

CLICK HERE for video

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MY HUSBAND WILL REVIEW AND ATTEMPT THIS LATER THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK sounds great. Good luck!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?