Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It seems the top water arm is not spraying any water so top…

Customer Question
It seems the top...

It seems the top water arm is not spraying any water so top dishes remain dirty and no sign of wetness. dont know if related but it seems the soap is not being ejected and dispenced

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

About a week, we cannot load the top rack

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to save money we used a cleaner to see if it was grease or lime but nothing changed

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that im aware of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

DU1055XTVSO

Perfect, thank you.

Since only the top arm isn't spraying, this can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

CLICK HERE for video

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

MY HUSBAND WILL REVIEW AND ATTEMPT THIS LATER THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

OK sounds great. Good luck!

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?