Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a french door LG with freezer on the bottom. There is…

Customer Question
I have a french...

I have a french door LG with freezer on the bottom. There is frost buildup on the drawer, yet the items in the larger part of the freezer seem fine. the temp seems ok also, could it be because my daughter tried to jam a container into the solid basket that fits in the top of the drawer.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, I am 77, with stage 4 cancer, and a female, so probably not

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This happened once before but I did find the drawer had not been closed properly. Could it be I have too much in the freezer?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only time you're going to have frost build up on the drawer is if it's not closing properly or it's overloaded. You'll want to open the refrigerator doors and look down at the freezer drawer. Make sure it's sealed up all the way around when you close the drawer. If that checks good, just thaw all the frost build up out with a hair dryer and you should be good to go. If the frost comes back, you may have too much in your freezer blocking the way the air should flow or the drawer may be cracked open and not shutting sometimes.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?