Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I unplugged my microwave and replugged it in and it came on.

Customer Question
I unplugged my microwave...

I unplugged my microwave and replugged it in and it came on. I set the clock , ran it 5 seconds. and a 7 appeared and it went back out and 5e came back up

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

SMH9151W Mar 2010

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can it not be reset

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

The problem is the touchpad....here is a VIDEO for a detailed look at how you may be able to repair yourself

Please be aware that not all things can be resolved at home or in the way we might hope, some may need closer inspection and intervention, others are simply not feasible or advised, so please do not shoot the messenger, it is to save you time, money and the threat of unwanted repercussions.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.