Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Whirlpool refrigerator. We lost power with

Customer Question
We have a Whirlpool refrigerator...
We have a Whirlpool refrigerator. We lost power with hurricane Irma. When the power was restored the refrigerator made a noise like it was coming on and then make a click. Would not stay on. Is there some way to reset ?.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model 21MTFA manufactured in May 2015.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have unplugged the unit and replugged it after a minute hoping it might reset but no luck.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

T​he click you hear is the overload on the compressor. You can try replacing the relay which attaches to the compressor terminals. I'll look up who has this part and get back.

The model number is ***** coming up. Look inside the fresh food section for a tag on the wall that states the full model number and respond back.

Model WRT311FZDMOO. The refrigerator was working fine making ice and all. Then the power went out due tp hurricane IRMA.. When power restored the clicking started. Thank you
Do we need a part? If we need a part and don't have it how can you talk us through it unless there is someother fix without the part. .

Y​es , you need a part , no way around it. Hang on.

Is this $24 in addition to the expert fee?

G​o to www.repairclinic.com and put in part number WPW10448874 . This is the start relay and overload. It pushes on the compressor terminals and has wires that attach to it . Just replace it exactly how it comes off. I don't see an additional $24.00 fee on my end being charged and we are not doing a phone conversation . Looks like your fee is $36.00 total.

Thank you Tom. This is most appreciated.

You're welcome -please rate my answers

Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician