James I
James I, Handyman
Experience:  Director at Secure ITC Soltuions
75959378

WHIRLPOOL DUET with error code F06 E02, 6 yrs, Model

Customer Question

WHIRLPOOL DUET with error code F06 E02
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model WFW94HEXW2
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: IF I can fix it myself, great
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  James I replied 1 month ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** me a second to look up your issue.

Expert:  James I replied 1 month ago.

F06 - E02 is a "COMMUNICATION ERROR UI / CCU"

Start by switching off the power and removing the lid of the washer, check the cable between the CCU (main control board) and the UI (control panel), your looking for lose or damaged wires, make sure the plugs are correctly seated on the PCB's, I would be inclined to disconnect the plugs give them a blow\clean and reseat them, then turn the washer on to see if the fault has cleared.

If it hasn't its then abit of a gamble as it could be the UI not talking to the CCU or the CCU not talking to the UI. In most cases its the UI at fault, so would look to replace the control panel, and if that doesn't work then look to replace the CCU.

Regards