Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

WHIRLPOOL DUET with error code F06 E02, 6 yrs, Model

Customer Question
WHIRLPOOL DUET with error...

WHIRLPOOL DUET with error code F06 E02

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model WFW94HEXW2

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

IF I can fix it myself, great

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/13/2017
Appliance Technician: James I, Handyman replied 11 months ago
James I
James I, Handyman

Good morning my name is ***** ***** me a second to look up your issue.

F06 - E02 is a "COMMUNICATION ERROR UI / CCU"

Start by switching off the power and removing the lid of the washer, check the cable between the CCU (main control board) and the UI (control panel), your looking for lose or damaged wires, make sure the plugs are correctly seated on the PCB's, I would be inclined to disconnect the plugs give them a blow\clean and reseat them, then turn the washer on to see if the fault has cleared.

If it hasn't its then abit of a gamble as it could be the UI not talking to the CCU or the CCU not talking to the UI. In most cases its the UI at fault, so would look to replace the control panel, and if that doesn't work then look to replace the CCU.

Regards