Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Kitchen Aid ice maker (under counter) and the

hi Pearl, i have a Kitchen Aid ice maker (under counter) and the cleaning light is flashing and it won't make ice, even after i reset it and turn it back on, any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its about 8 years old, KUIS155S3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can, not sure how complicated it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it used to do it and then i would turn it off, turn it back on and it would make ice for a little while then go back to flashing, now it won't do anyting

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Travis, sorry I just saw the email, yes i still need help. The ice maker wont got out of cleaning mode, they cleaning light just keeps flashing, I tried turning it off for a few hours then turning it back on but that didn't work. It looks like other people have had this problem also. Is this something I can fix myself?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
did you get the last message

yes I did sorry wasnt online at the time you messaged. Now when was the last time that you changed your water filter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was cleaned and the filter was changed about 2 months ago

ok so that isnt the issue. Have you tired unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i even left it off for several hours and turned it back on, i looked online and this seems like a common problem

this typically turns out to be a problem with the thermistor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is that something I can replace myself or is there a way to work around it?

no way to work around it and its typically a pretty cheap part and yes very easy to do yourself. One moment please

can you double check the model number for me please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its KUIS15PRHB6
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the model # is KUIS15PRHB6, I went online and there is a thermistor and an evaporator thermistor, which one do you think it may be?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
great thanks, ***** ***** this!

awesome.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.