Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag W10649235C front load machine that is

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Maytag W10649235C front load machine that is showing a F5 E3 message relating to the door closing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1.25 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not likely
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do I need to call for a Maytag service professional?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So to start, the error you're getting means that your door lock has failed. Whether you hear the lock trying to latch or not, the latch will need to be replaced to fix this problem. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

No problem but I'm sorry about the circumstances. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?