Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do you reset the csm on a GDT580SSF8SS dishwasher. All…

Customer Question
How do you reset...

How do you reset the csm on a GDT580SSF8SS dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Yes. All test are fine the power went out in a storm and the dishwasher cut off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model is GDT580SSF8SS

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only reset is to flip the breaker off for 5 minutes and turn the breaker back on. If that doesn't work, your main control board behind the kick panel below the door has failed and needs to be replaced. The part is about $100 and below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The board seems to be working it's just saying the csm needs to be reset
It flashes 7 ti

That is the "current sensor module" and it's built into the main board. If it won't reset by resetting power then the board needs to be replaced.

But on the service papers it says it's tripped and needs to be reset if it has 7x per 3 second flashes

Yes, I understand. And I'm telling you that you reset it by resetting power. If that doesn't work, you need to replace the board because the module is built into the board.

All because it was running when the power flickered? Will that happen every time?

Not every time, but it has a chance of happening unfortunately. It's no different than watching TV when a power outage occurs. It has a chance of shorting out your TV if you're using it when there is a power surge.

Ok. Thanks

No problem.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?