Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The freezer gets icicles hanging from everything, Mode

Customer Question
The freezer gets icicles...

The freezer gets icicles hanging from everything

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Mode Gth21kbxabb

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work ? Is it broken ?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If icicles are hanging from everything, there are 3 possibilities. First, make sure the doors are sealing properly. If everything seals all the way around, you need to remove the back panel inside the freezer. Make sure the drain behind the back panel isn't clogged below the silver coils. Use a hair dryer and thaw all the ice build up and shoot hot water down the drain hole to clear everything out because there is too much moisture inside the freezer due to the drain backing up.

Lastly, if the drain checks good and it's already clear, air has to be coming in from the drain so you may need to pull the refrigerator out and remove the drain hose below the refrigerator down by the compressor. Clean out the drain and make sure you have a "j-loop" when you re-install it so that it holds water in the j-loop which prevent air from the outside being sucked up in through the drain.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.