Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Range FGEF332MWC that the probe function…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire Range FGEF332MWC that the probe function is not working properly. The door also locks without provocation. Is there a way to disconnect the Probe Function completely it was my mothers stove before she passed away and it was still new at that time and I cannot find the probe connection?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

My mother purchased it only a couple of months before she died three years ago August.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm pretty handy I also have a nephew nest door that knows electrical

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have been able to get the oven to work but then the Probe Error occurs and stops the oven. Even when I only use the stove top the Probe Error goes off without provocation and I eventually just unplugged it for the night.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately you can not remove the probe function because the jack must be grounded and electricity must be attached to it or you'll get an error code if you try to remove it. Either way, open the oven door which has the meat probe jack inside and turn the circuit breaker off to the oven. Try to clean out the meat probe jack with white vinegar and a Q-tip in case oil has worked it's way inside. Allow the jack to dry out and then flip the circuit breaker back on. If the "probe" light continues to come on, you'll need to order and replace the display control board because it has failed and just think that the probe is plugged in when it's not. The board is also likely why the oven is locking randomly on it's own when it shouldn't.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.