Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kitchenaid dishwasher (I think it is a Superba, it

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid dishwasher (I think it is a Superba, it also says Ultima on it). I removed the lower spray arm and when I tried to reattach it (should be simple only a couple washers and screw top) it appeared to be really wobbly. I can lift up the spray arm maybe 1/4" when the screw top is fully on. I can't recall if that was the way it was when I took it off...does that sound normal? I can see a crack between the screw top and the top surface of the spray arm...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is at least 10 yrs old, probably 15. Gimme a sec and i'll give you the model, thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The model is KUDS24SEWH5. Yes, it should be "simple", only replacing the spray arm assembly that I just took off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i can send you a 5 second video i took of how "wobbly" the arm is...is there an email address i can give you or another way of showing you the video?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

That is all 100% normal. There is a lot of wobble in the arm when it's re-attached and it will lift up. It becomes much more secure when there is water pressure shooting up through the arm forcing the arm up and rotating the arm. When there is no water pressure holding the arm in position, it wobbles all over the place.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?