Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just moved into a new house with a Whirlpool side by side.

Customer Question
I just moved into...

I just moved into a new house with a Whirlpool side by side. The only # I could find is 19707181GD23. Don't know if that's the model # but the ice maker is turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn it on. There is no bar

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't It's approximately 3 years old and I can't find a model #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just how to turn on the ice maker

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: ApplianceMAN, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
ApplianceMAN
ApplianceMAN, Home Appliance Technician
Good evening, im Sean and will be helping you today
How do I turn on the ice make??
Let's start with clarifying the model number so I can look for the manual in my files.Then I should be able to help you :)
The only # I can find is the one in my first question.
Is it possible you can send a picture of the spec plate should be the left door? The number your provided is not showing anythingIf you cant find anything, then I will need a description is this a ice maker in front door or in the freezer
In the freezer
Alright to turn on the ice maker you should see that there is a metal flap push this down and that will turn this unit on, you will also need to have the water line hooked to refrigerator.
The only to access the ice is through the door on the outside freezer door or by taking the ice maker completely out.
Unfortunately without a picture or correct model number I can't go any farther, if you would like to add a picture or correct model number I would like to help, if not let me know and I will opt out for another expert to assist you!
Ok, thanks anyway
I would like to help you I just need too see what I'm looking at or correct model number, just let me know if you wanna continue, you can attach a picture right into this chat......if not please rate my service so I can close my ticket out :)Just let me know! Have a good day