ApplianceMAN
ApplianceMAN, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Refrigeration tech that can and knows how to fix from small ice personal ice makers to large freezers, Also know furnaces.
64612473

I just moved into a new house with a Whirlpool side by side.

Customer Question

I just moved into a new house with a Whirlpool side by side. The only # I could find is 19707181GD23. Don't know if that's the model # but the ice maker is turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn it on. There is no bar
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't It's approximately 3 years old and I can't find a model #
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, just how to turn on the ice maker
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceMAN replied 1 month ago.
Good evening, im Sean and will be helping you today
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I turn on the ice make??
Let's start with clarifying the model number so I can look for the manual in my files.Then I should be able to help you :)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only # I can find is the one in my first question.
Is it possible you can send a picture of the spec plate should be the left door? The number your provided is not showing anythingIf you cant find anything, then I will need a description is this a ice maker in front door or in the freezer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In the freezer
Alright to turn on the ice maker you should see that there is a metal flap push this down and that will turn this unit on, you will also need to have the water line hooked to refrigerator.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only to access the ice is through the door on the outside freezer door or by taking the ice maker completely out.
Unfortunately without a picture or correct model number I can't go any farther, if you would like to add a picture or correct model number I would like to help, if not let me know and I will opt out for another expert to assist you!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thanks anyway
I would like to help you I just need too see what I'm looking at or correct model number, just let me know if you wanna continue, you can attach a picture right into this chat......if not please rate my service so I can close my ticket out :)Just let me know! Have a good day