Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer wont agitate when its running through it's cycle…

Customer Question
My washer wont agitate...

My washer wont agitate when its running through it's cycle and then, with clothes in the machine it only drains 3 quarters of the water so the clothes are sopping wet when I go to take them out.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool Model LTG6234AW2 about 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO. Im 85 years old. I don't think so. I just don't want to be told I need a new washer if I don't.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The hose is draining fine, the water goes in and out fine, till theist rinse, the it stays some fit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is a stack laundry unit and while it is worth fixing, repairs are very difficult for these stack units so it's probably not something you would do yourself at 85. That being said, it sounds like something is either jamming the pump up and needs to be cleaned out, or the motor is overheating and cutting out so the motor needs to be replaced, or possibly the motor coupler that connects the transmission to the transmission has failed. The motor coupler would be the most likely culprit and it would cost about $150 to have this part replaced which a motor would be the most expensive repair at about $300 with parts, trip, and labor. To call for service, you can call 1.***-***-**** and they can tell you who is available in your area.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.