Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool microwave, the wmh53520cs. the bottom…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool microwave, the wmh53520cs. the bottom door latch will not latch. when I tried to see if i could fix it something flipped back in the latch hole like ti was on a hinge.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Wmh53520cs, i honesty don't know how old since it was installed when we bought the condo

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It says manufactured december 2013 if that is possible, i have no idea how hard it will be

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The latch locking lever has flipped around .

You going to have to open the unit up and manually flip it around so that you can them close the door.

John, Home Appliance Technician