Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag centennial washer. Mod MVWC350AW1. Ght is…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag centennial washer. Mod MVWC350AW1

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ght is fl

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The lid it's locked and the lid locked light is flashing

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

ok if the lid is in fact locked but the lid lock light is flashing that means that the control board does not recognize it as locked.

Which means you have a lid lock /latch switch that needs to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

now to get it open to remove any clothes that are in it you will need to just pull it open /forcing the lock to break , but your going to need to replace it anyway>

I have seen on Google sometimes it is the actuator switch. Could that be?
Some have replaced the lock switch and it does not fix the problem.
Are you there?

not if the lid lock light is blinking.

I`m assuming you power it up and select a cycle and press start all it does is lock and then the lid lock light just blinks correct?

That is correct . I did enter it into diagnostic mode , but I could not understand the codes.

what where the codes that you were getting?

Just blinking LED lights on the front panel. All 5 lights were blinking green, plus the lid locked was flashing red
Please respond, if possible.

ok all the lights blinking was NOT an error code .

After you had all the lights blinking you needed to press Start until the DONE light was lite then press Start again then you will get the error code or codes

Ok, Done flashes, then Sensing and Spin flash once together

ok that would be an F2 now you should have a second set of lights also.

Flashing Sensing and Spin, then one flash on Done, then back to Sensing and Spin... Plus lid locked is flashing the whole time.
F2 plus E1?

yes that would be correct.

And that error code is a One or more keys on the User Interface were actuated for 15 consecutive .

Are you able to press all of the buttons and have the light lite up above that button?

I give up... Just order the lid switch??

yes it could have been that you laid some thing on top of the unit and it was pressing a button .

The unit holds the codes in unless you unplug it for over 5 minutes.

yes the issue that you have Now you will need to replace the lid switch

OK, sir...
I have replaced the lid switch as you advised. It will wash, but the cycling will not stop. It will run through the wash cycle, then will begin again.Please advise.
24 September 2017 01:13
OK, sir...
is chat there?
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago

Sorry I do not work on Sundays!

Ok so you had the original issue where the unit would not start just the lid lock light blinked!

You have now replaced the lid latch /lock switch ,and the unit now runs but it does not stop at the end of that cycle it starts the cycle all over again .

If this is not correct let me know!

And if it is correct the only thing that controls the on /off of the unit is the electronic control board.

Let`s first unplug the washer for over 5 minutes and then plug it back in and run the unit in any cycle to see if it still does this (never stopping issue) . let me know .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?