Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I had an f06 e02 error code on my maytag duet wfw94hexw0

Customer Question

Hi, I had an f06 e02 error code on my maytag duet wfw94hexw0 washer. I took it apart, cleared out a blockage in the large drain trap and put it back together. now I have an f05 e02 error code, but the door latch locks. Then it just stops and the door stays locked. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: wfw94hexw0 is the model, and the date on the drum says Nov 2010
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm not sure that I put the drum boot on correctly--I think I did, and the door closes fine, but I noticed a pull tab on the top of the boot that I didn't remember seeing before and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be tucked in somewhere or not
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The first issue you got was a communication error, it had nothing to do with the drain---but now you have a door latch error. I'd make sure the wires are securely attached between the latch and the main control board. If that all checks good, then replace the latch to start. If the issue persists or you get the F06 E02 after replacing the latch, your main control board is failing and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to both parts from a place that allows returns.

CLICK HERE for door latch

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?