Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

May tag bravo top load washer is leaving pink splotches all…

Customer Question
May tag bravo top...

May tag bravo top load washer is leaving pink splotches all over the clothes?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a may tag bravo X econserve Model # mvwx700xw2 it is a top load guess it is 5-6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not sure if it is fixable and how hard it is to fix

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you want to do is run a cycle with no clothes inside using a product called "Washer Magic" which you can pick up at Lowes or order online. That will clean out any build up or residue in your washer. Run the washer again and if you still get pink splotches, either your main bearing and seal is leaking the red transmission grease onto your clothing or something you're putting in the washer is getting on the clothing. If you need a new bearing an seal, that costs about $500 to have replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?