Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag dryer beeps constantly and lights flash and drum

Customer Question

Maytag dryer beeps constantly and lights flash and drum light stays on. It moves from the last dryer selection to the next one
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2017 model MED8200FC0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have to unplug to get beeping stopped.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

You're experiencing an issue with the touch control panel shorting out. Now this dryer is less than 1 year old, so you're going to want to just call warranty to have the panel replaced because the part is $500 and definitely no advantage to fixing this yourself while it's still under warranty. The number for warranty is 1.***-***-**** if you want to call them and schedule an appointment.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had rather rate after I see if it is correct. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

ok...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The off button just turned it off. Could it be something else? It is not beeping or anything.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

No, it can't be anything other than your control panel acting up.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?