Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag dryer beeps constantly and lights flash and drum

Customer Question
Maytag dryer beeps constantly...

Maytag dryer beeps constantly and lights flash and drum light stays on. It moves from the last dryer selection to the next one

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2017 model MED8200FC0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have to unplug to get beeping stopped.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You're experiencing an issue with the touch control panel shorting out. Now this dryer is less than 1 year old, so you're going to want to just call warranty to have the panel replaced because the part is $500 and definitely no advantage to fixing this yourself while it's still under warranty. The number for warranty is 1.***-***-**** if you want to call them and schedule an appointment.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I had rather rate after I see if it is correct. Thanks.

ok...

The off button just turned it off. Could it be something else? It is not beeping or anything.

No, it can't be anything other than your control panel acting up.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?