Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice and moisture buildup on back wall inside fridge. What…

Customer Question
Ice and moisture buildup...

Ice and moisture buildup on back wall inside fridge. What can I do.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

KURO24RSBX03 serial #EK33601809 Maybe 4 to 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to try, also have never vacuumed the coils underneath (opps)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to remove the grate to get at the coils, also have a cus***** ***** front on fridge however it does not extend to the vent/coil area

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

This unit has a defrost timer in the rear right corner of the unit ,

You may have either a bad defrost timer or a defrost thermostat on the Evaporator coil or a bad defrost heating element.

You can manually advance the timer into a defrost mode to see if it will defrost or not.

But this unit does not have a Condenser coil under it ,the condenser coil is with in the units walls

Are you able to pull the unit out and get around behind it to advance the defrost timer into a defrost mode?