Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We own a GE Profile 19.CuFt, TBK19PA or TBH19PA

Customer Question
We own a GE...

We own a GE Profile 19.CuFt, TBK19PA or TBH19PA refrigieratory

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

TBX19PAXCRAA, Serial #MM531195. Purchased around 9/15/1995.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. The drain tube seems to be blacked and water is collecting under the vegetable draws.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. How do I clear the tube so it drains?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thawing out the ice that has formed in the floor behind the back panel of the freezer is the difficult part. To clear the drain, just pull the refrigerator forward and you'll see a plastic 1" diameter tub going down the center on the back of the refrigerator. That is your drain line. Remove this drain line and the connector right where it goes into the back of the freezer. Run water through these with a garden hose and clear them out. Once they are cleared out, re-install them. Now again, there is ice built up due to the water backing up into the freezer. You either need to remove everything in the freezer and remove the back panel so you can thaw out the drain trough with a hair dryer, or you need to unplug the unit and leave the doors open for 24 hours and it'll thaw out on its own.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.