Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a GE café French door model with the icemaker in the

Customer Question

Hello, I have a GE café French door model with the icemaker in the refrigerator door and it's not cold enough in there to make ice I replace the ice fan that was just pulsating but when I put the new one in the new one spends but very slow and still no ice? Please help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PFSS6PKWBSS
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How long until you get back to me?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please refund my money.

Sorry I do not work online 24/ 7 I also have to run my own appliance repair company.

I replied back to you with in 1 minutes from your first post and you then replied back to me almost 6 hours later.

I can still assist you but would like to not have to wait 6 hours for your reply.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received absolutely nothing that told me there was a reply. So when I went to the original question I seen that you asked for the model number but nowhere and emails or text showed that you replied yet so I supplied it to you, and now you're getting back to me over 24 hours later probably closer to 36 hours and you still didn't answer the question or help me at all.
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 month ago.

T​his ice fan should have 3 0r 4 wires to it. Inside the motor is a transistor and voltage ( D.C. voltage ) is pulsed to one lead to change the motor speed , so if it is ONLY running very slowly , the main control board is the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem was fixed yesterday, no one got back to me and I asked for a refund, not for the answer that took over 36 hours.

I sent your request to administration