John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Amana NGD7200TW (Not NGD7200TW10) Dryer that won't

Customer Question

Hi there, I have an Amana NGD7200TW (Not NGD7200TW10) Dryer that won't really heat up. I have checked all the vents/exhaust and they are clear, so I think the issue is something to do with the heating parts themselves. Can you provide any insight as to what part(s) I might need to fix this issue?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: NGD7200TW and I would say 10ish years old? I got it with my house so I don't know how long the previous owner had it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I took apart the cabinet and just made sure all the plugs were in properly, assembled it back up, and when I did, the dryer heated pretty well for one load, and then when I tried to run it again a couple hours later, it wouldn't heat up at all (which is what had been happening - no heat)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sounds good
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will this chat only cost $5?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If it is going to cost more than that I would like to cancel
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

This chat is $28. $5 is the good faith deposit which is applied to the cost of the question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I don't want to chat then
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel the chat
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK. Bye.