Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I hope you can help me. I have a dishwasher full of dirty…

Customer Question
Good morning. I hope...

Good morning. I hope you can help me. I have a dishwasher full of dirty dishes and the washer will not start when I push the start area of the pad. The lights are on for the cycle I chose and the drying heat, but the "start" will not function.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Maytag model MDB6769PAS1, no I have not run a diagnostic test cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't think I have the proper tools to do that, but I would certainly like to considering a technician just charged me $100 to push a reset button on my garbage disposal !

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think I've given you all the symptoms existing.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Does the dishwasher door seem to close properly?