Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kfcs22evms8 control panel lights blinking following repeated

Customer Question

kfcs22evms8 control panel lights blinking following repeated power failures
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If the front panel lights are blinking, it means that your main power control board on the back of the refrigerator has failed. This typically fails from voltage surges and power outages like you have experienced. You'd need to pull the refrigerator forward, unplug the unit, and remove the access panel on the back of the refrigerator to see the control board for replacement. The part is about $250 I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?