Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

A KITCHENAID DW. MODEL #kudi01dlss6. clean light is

Customer Question

I AM SERVICING A KITCHENAID DW. MODEL #kudi01dlss6. clean light is blinking. checked hest element with ohm meter. iot is ok.replaced control and clean light continues to blink. any suggestions. also could use copy of schematic. thanks jim.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Jim this models tech sheet should be behind the kick plate.

But I will send you one in case the original has walked away!!

Have you done the diagnostics test to reset the control board .

I know if you do not have a tech sheet you may not know the diagnostics steps by heart to do that.

They are High Temp /Air dry or no heat key /High temp /Air Dry or no heat all light should come on then you can just press cancel twice and then try to run the unit.

Also make sure that the customer ALWAYS runs the HOT water at the closest sink before running the dishwasher.

Since the blinking (7 times) clean light is an error of the water was not able to heat to a specific temperature with in a preset amount of time.

Just reply back if you have any questions or need anything else.

Woody