Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have oven HBL54. We had a power outage and when it came

Customer Question

I have oven HBL54. We had a power outage and when it came back on I reset things as i normally do. When I went to bake this evening the probe word appears. The probe is not connected--i put it in and took it out to make sure.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No--have never done that in the past but will try it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I went into the side cupboard where the HBL54 is wired and it is hardwired--no plug so nothing I can do myself. Any other suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The problem that the oven is referring to is the meat probe that can inserted into the receptacle on the side wall inside your oven. Open the oven door which has the meat probe jack inside and turn the circuit breaker off to the oven. Try to clean out the meat probe jack with white vinegar and a Q-tip in case oil has worked it's way inside. Allow the jack to dry out and then flip the circuit breaker back on. If the "probe" light continues to come on, you'll need to order and replace the control board because it has failed and just think that the probe is plugged in when it's not.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?