Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Maytag washer is leaking quite a bit of water from the…

Customer Question
Our Maytag washer is...

Our Maytag washer is leaking quite a bit of water from the bottom of the washer; as soon as the washer starts to fill up.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Our washer is 13 years old; and we have replaced the seal on the door before. There was a small hole in the seal. My husband patched the hole. I poured water on the seal today; and it didn't leak. When I started the washer, and it began filling up; it started leaking from the bottom of the washer. Model MAH5500BWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cant tell if its the tub seal, pump, or door seal. I'm hoping to order the parts; so the repairman can fix the washer when he is here; and I won't have to wait on parts.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The first thing you are going to need to do is to investigate as to where is the unit leaking from.

With out you telling me there is no way I can even begin to tell you what part or parts your going to need to order to fix the issue.

You need to pull the unit out away from the wall and remove the rear inspection cover and then add some water to the unit and find where it is leaking from, then I can give you parts info to repair the unit.