Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

We purchased a whirlpool washer 20 months ago - we had to

Customer Question

We purchased a whirlpool washer 20 months ago - we had to have it repaired in October 10 months ago - the washer is now doing the same thing it did previously f6 e3 - we did not purchase an extended warranty how can we get this fixed without paying for 1/2 the cost of a new washer and is this a problem with this type of washer? Thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 18 months old we purchased it in the fall of 2016 - whirlpool cabrio mod wtw8500dc0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yea my husband could fix it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't guess
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

First is to try the reset

Unplug for no less than 5 mins

If this does not resolve the issue, please refer to the Tech sheet HERE, especially page 9 to start, then follow steps outlined

This is rather Technical, however, it is the Checklist for the given error/s and much more

I do not suggest these remedies are something you will be able to check yourself... it may require a decent Tech to run the list...

Please understand that not all things can be resolved at home without some closer inspection and intervention. This is the case here, and my best advice is to seek local hands-on inspection and service, it is for a good reason, so please do not shoot the messenger, it is to save you time and money.

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.