Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am trying to replace the worm gear on my KitchenAid stand

Customer Question
mixer (KSM90WW) and I cannot...
I am trying to replace the worm gear on my KitchenAid stand mixer (KSM90WW) and I cannot get that roll pin out under the planetary. Do you have any advice. It's probably been in there for 20 years.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I gave you the model -- KSM90WW and I cannot get that roll pin out under the planetary. Do you have any advice. It's probably been in there for 20 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can't find a repairperson here in San Antonio or I I'd take it there. Someone mentioned a way to replace the whole gear unit and said that was simpler, but you'd still have to open up the planetary, wouldn't you?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I have a new worm gear, but can't get the roll pin out. Have tried pouring boiling water on it, but it won't budge.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The complete assembly may be replaced, yes, link below.

CLICK HERE

The complete service manual may be downloaded at the link below! Please let me know if you have trouble downloading it.

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician