Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

F5 E3 code on washer how do we bypass. Cabrio, less then a

Customer Question

F5 E3 code on washer how do we bypass
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Cabrio, less then a year
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

This error you're getting means that your door latch assembly has failed. It's not something you can just bypass either. The reason being that the control board tells the lid to lock, unlock, relock and if that all doesn't happen within a split second of the control board giving the command, it gives you the error code. If the unit is less than a year old, just call warranty at 1.***-***-**** and they will replace the latch at no charge.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?