Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

F5 E3 code on washer how do we bypass. Cabrio, less then a…

Customer Question
F5 E3 code on...

F5 E3 code on washer how do we bypass

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Cabrio, less then a year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This error you're getting means that your door latch assembly has failed. It's not something you can just bypass either. The reason being that the control board tells the lid to lock, unlock, relock and if that all doesn't happen within a split second of the control board giving the command, it gives you the error code. If the unit is less than a year old, just call warranty at 1.***-***-**** and they will replace the latch at no charge.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?