Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kitchen aid f10 alarm on oven. Temperature running away,

Customer Question
Kitchen aid f10 alarm...

Kitchen aid f10 alarm on oven. Temperature running away, looks like broiler is on even on just bake

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years old convention oven. ###-##-####ssl. Cannot find label on it except for this number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I guess.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Live pryor, guess you could quote it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are correct about what the error code means and you have already verified that the error is correct because the broiler is on when it shouldn't be. Unfortunately that means something is wrong with your control board. You can try to unplug the unit or flip the breaker off and see if the error will reset, but if that doesn't work, the display control board will need to be replaced. You'll need the full model number to look up the part. The number you have listed is a serial number. The model number is ***** on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.