Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Control panel flashes "sensing" dryer won't start, May tag

Customer Question

Control panel flashes "sensing" dryer won't start
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: May tag MED9800TQ0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Age ? 7-8 yrs had a repair man come he said it couldn't be fixed ??
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: He said parts were no longer available sorry just can't believe that
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Parts are definitely still made for this dryer--all of them. I'm guessing he didn't know what to look for. Let's start by explaining what can cause your issues. The first thing to check is your fuse. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, you can remove the lower front panel by pulling down and forward. Unplug the dryer and look behind the lint filter enclosure to the left. There is a little 1" thin flat white plastic device attached to the top of the blower wheel housing. You will need to order and replace this fuse to correct your problems if the fuse doesn't have continuity.

The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination.

Now here is a link to all 3 parts whatever you happen to need.

CLICK HERE for fuse

CLICK HERE for belt

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?