Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer 's steam function wont shut off unless the water is…

Customer Question
My dryer 's steam...

My dryer 's steam function wont shut off unless the water is shut off . I came home to soaking wet clothes and it sounds like running water but its steam

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The modelWED94HEAW0 I THINK MAYBE 5 YRS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband is really handy but I dont know what it needs

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is the dryer no good.I'm thinking to buy another one if its too expensive to fix

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the only way to stop the steam function is to turn the water off behind the washer/dryer, that means your electronic water valve on your dryer is stuck open. You can leave the water off for now. Dry everything out and unplug the dryer. Give it 24 hours to dryer out after tipping the dryer forward to remove any residual water in the base. Now hopefully nothing was damaged beyond the valve itself due to excess water, but you won't know for 24 hours. If everything works like normal again, then just replace the valve on the back of the dryer because it's sticking open. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for electronic water valve

And below is a video on how to change the part.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?